Jury Duty

Have you ever been called for jury duty? Iam currently on the list. I went a couple weeks ago about a cop that had sex with a girl (that was about 14 at the time) for nearly 4 yrs. This was his 3rd trial I didn't have to be on the jury but they did finally convict him

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes...just recently in fact. We had to decide if an individual fit the criteria to be considered a "sexually violent preditor" and be committed to a state mental hospital until he can pass a sexual preditor class on some kind that would take at least 3 years. Hearing all the sick things he did it wasn't hard to convict him.
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 6:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, boring waiting to be called. I went in to the courthouse, but was not selected.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I was called a couple of years ago, it was like a cattle call - at least 200 ppl in the jury pool. I didn't get chosen. I wouldn't mind serving tho.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I've never been called but my dh has 4 times. One case involved a young teen who had been raped. They convicted him. DH was traumatized for years with what he'd heard in court.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I just got my duty notice for the second time, had to reschedule the first. this time its the DAY before my bday....so i guess we shall see!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

This comment was funny I never thought about it like that.

There were at least 200 of us sitting there as it was for the 3rd trial. I was 2nd picked to go up and stayed the whole time until they picked the final 13 I would of loved to serve he was convicted of having a sexual realtionship with a minor finally.
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010