Preschool

How old was your child when you got them into Pre-school? My son is 3 and 1/2 and I am just wondering if its too early to get him into preschool and if I should wait until next year.

maddoxsmama

Asked by maddoxsmama at 6:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine were3 1/2 and had a blast. It was WORTH it.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it depends, we didn't put DS into preschool till the year before K, so it would depend IMO when he will go to kindergarten
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• None of mine went to preschool. I suppose 3 is fine.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am also going through the same situation right now. My son is 3.5 and is his birthday is in january so I cant get him signed up for Head Start. He goes to a Home Day care but he is pretty smart already. I want him to go the preschool to be able to learn more but I can't afford day care and preschool.
    brandosmomm-e

Answer by brandosmomm-e at 7:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Mine were all 3. They went to 2 years of preschool, and it definitely helped having school experience prior to kindergarten. Plus they really enjoyed it.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My youngest turned 3 in March and will be starting in September. He's the youngest of my kids to start, the rest were 4. I have no idea how it will go though, he's excited but not sure how he'll handle being away from mommy & daddy for a couple hours a week!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• 3 is a goo age! It is so much fun...my son loves preschool and has attended for 3 years now. He started at 2.5 for socialization.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My kids went when they were 4.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2010