i am interested in starting my own tutoring business for under privileged children and low income families. im trying to get a grant funded from the government. i reside in the state of florida. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions maybe for me.

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in

• What a great idea. Google government funded grants or grants in florida. I just finished a grant writing class in Wisconsin and there are BILLIONS of dollars in grant money available from tons of sources. You just have to be willing to search and dig and fill out very detailed applications. I will warn you that you have to follow the application process for each grant you apply for to the letter. If you don't they will not even read your application. If they say sign it in red ink, sign it in red ink. Make sure there are no spelling or grammar errors. Include EVERYTHING they ask for. Grant writing is a pain in the butt and time consuming but worth it if you get approved.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Uhm, what are you going to tutor? O.O
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have no idea, but I think that is a really great thing you are wanting to do. Best of luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would take a grant writing class at a community college.

The best source of grants that I know of is http://www.donorsforum.org/

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't know if you've done any tutoring before, but I used to, and my suggestion is that you meet in public places. Some of the homes may be part of the reason that tutoring is needed. Good luck, and enjoy!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010