laptop

I always like to recline and sit my laptop right by my belly i heard they can be bad for pregnant women is that true? Do you think it;s a bad idea to have it right there? Im 20 weeks if that makes a differance.

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I am only 9 weeks and I do the same thing. I hope ti's ok I have wondered the same thing.
    nicbillera

Answer by nicbillera at 3:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I wouldn't put a laptop on your belly because of how warm a laptop can get....they start to burn my legs after awhile...haha....plus, doesn't that hurt? lol
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 3:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• No it dosn't hurt it my legs will be holding most of i ti just heard about radiation or something like that is bad. I didnt pay too much attention but now i was wondering about it. If it start to get warm i move it a little.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Hmmm I am 21 weeks and I am sitting here doing the same thing with my laptop. You are now making me second guess myself!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• omg what about the electromagnetic radiation coming out of your cell phones!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!! don't even worry about the laptop!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I wouldn't put a laptop on your stomach... I'm not positive but I wouldn't in my opinion. Take in the consideration with the heat thats coming from the bottom of your laptop... Mine always gets hot reguardless it's for a minute or two... All that heat is generating into your stomach and i'm sure the baby can feel the heat. I've heard about the radiation about the cell phones as well... My last miscarriage I had i use to do the laptop on tummy thing... I sometimes think if that was the reason... I would ask the OB if anything!
    jyi0621

Answer by jyi0621 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i wouldnt put it their..
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• you can get the fans from walmart for around $20 that cool the lap top. I put that under my laptop and set that on my legs/belly.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 9:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2008