Here's a talking point for the evening. Guess who needs viagra on your dollar?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38596955/ns/health-sexual_health/

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 6:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP, your point about Propecia and Viagra being covered when birth control is frequently denied is a very valid one. I've wondered how it can be justified. I have a child who needs an aid in school, yet (although they can't stipulate money as a reason) we will have to fight for that, when this union thinks its district should pay over $700,000 for the men to get it up? An aid makes less than $14,000/year, yet does far more good than those men could do with their Viagra. Great. Now I have to go to bed all angry over something I can't control.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• People wonder why America's schools are in the toilet? This is one of the reasons.

The ONLY way that this will ever be 'fixed' is to toss the federal gov't. out of education and give it back to the parents at the local level ~ and to disassemble (preferably painfully) the NEA and let teachers get/keep their jobs based on performance again.

The gov't. is supposed to fill pot holes and fund a military. That's all. They have done a pi$$ poor job with both up until now, and they've managed to screw up everything else they get their grubby hands on. It amazes me that there are still people who are happy about the health care because that will be the next thing down the drain. Of course, given the average intelligence of kids coming out of schools these days, most of them will think it's great. There is already a generation and a half that doesn't know any better.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• How sad. It's pathetic that an erection is put on a higher pedestal than a child's education (figuratively obviously).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I did see this. I wasn't really sure what to do with it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Wow...all I can say is that is sad, sickening, and ridiculous. Our country's priorities are down the shitter for sure.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The filing is the latest in a two-year legal campaign in which the union has argued, so far unsuccessfully, that the board's policy of excluding erectile dysfunction drugs discriminates against male employees. The union says Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and others are necessary treatment for "an exclusively gender-related condition." It won't get approved again. This is stupid and frivolous. Oh and there would be far more than 12 teachers--a first year teacher makes about $31.5K average. Connecticut has the highest first year pay tier at 39K with North Dakota having the lowest at 24K. This amount could staff a small school!

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

^^^THIS^^^
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• LOL Quinn...I pictured that!! So sad!

Our school district cut 12 days for this next school year. We are barely meeting the state requirement.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sorry, didn't mean for that to give anyone a visual.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I can't even come up with something thought provoking. My minds keeps going back to how a boner trumps a teacher's job.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2010