add and adhd

What is add and adhd? what is the difference? How do u tell if you child have it

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 6:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• ADD- Is attention deficit; ADHD is the same thing but WITH Hyper activity too. To find out if your child has it CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Attention Deficiet Disorder and Attention Deficiet Hyperactivity Disorder. But, now there is only ADHD, I think, maybe it's ADD. They combined them, and if the child doesn't have the hyperactivity, then they include that in the diagnosis. Stupid, but it's supposed to make it easier. That's what my son's psychiatrist said anyhow. My son was diagnosed at 3. He could not sit still. My daughter was diagnosed this year. I figured she was ADD, but I was comparing her to my son, and didn't think she was hyper. Because he is way so hyper. But, she is. Just not as much as him. If you do some research, you will find characteristics. Lack of focus is like the main one. They also may be very hyper, more then most kids. I'd say they tend to be very smart, but get bad grades because they just can't pay attention. But you have to have them tested to get the Dx.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• they are kind of the same thing except adhd adds hyper activity lol and to find out if your child has it talk to your doctor
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well my mom keep telling me he had add cause he doesn't listen I think he got "bad" cause I jus had another baby my family is makin me depressed
    kadmomma

Comment by kadmomma (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You really need to see a doctor. Your mom can't diagnose ADD, and if he really does have it then you need to start treatment NOW. The earlier you catch it, the m ore time you and your son have to learn how to work around it. Don't wait until he starts screwing up in school!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adhd-symptoms

Look this up in your browser...these are the signs to look for:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 7:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It takes a doctor, family members, caregivers & a trained pediatric psychologist to properly diagnose add & adhd. There are many things that cause the same symptoms from lack of sleep to food sensitivities & allergies.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The accepted acronym today is "ADHD". The "H" is for the hyper part of the disorder but the term is used to describe anyone who exhibits any of the symptoms - whether it's the impulsive, hyper part and/or the inattentive part.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010