Leapster 2

Do you think my almost 3 year old is too young for this??

mylady13135

Asked by mylady13135 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, I don't think it's too young at all. My son got one when he was around 5 or so and I truely wish we had gotten if for him before that. They have preschool games for kids and they can help kids learn to read, write and recognize numbers and shapes and letters and so much more. They also have a lot of games that are themed with characters from games, tv cartoons meant for little kids, etc.

At 3, you might want to sit with him or her for a while and make sure they understand what they're doing.
    Solera

Answer by Solera at 7:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope! I think we are getting my stepdaughters (they are 3 yr old twins) each one for their birthdayor Christmas!
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope my son is 4 1/2. He got one this last christmas. He loves it.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• She should be fine. Look for the games that are for the younger group.
    My kids got them at that age, and now my 4 year old wants nothing to do with it and plays his sister and brother's DS.

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think it would be great.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My daughter has had one for a year now (she's 3). My friend gave us a used Leapster (the first one). It was used by her son for a few years and is about dead after this past year. So for her birthday or Christmas we are getting her a Leapster 2. They are great because the games grow with them. My daughter has learned so much from them! I love it!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010