Question about Travel Times

I am doing a bit of research for a story I am writing, and I am looking for info about how long it takes to fly from LAX to London's Heathrow Airport. Any info would be appreciated!

Solera

Asked by Solera at 7:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Travel

• It takes about 12 hours and 55 minutes not including a layover. It looks like there are a lot of layovers from LAX to LHR in Boston. On the return trip, however, it takes about 14 hours and 25 minutes.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I also wanted to add that I have been to London's Gatwick airport so if you have any questions about the airports, I can tell you based on my experience from Gatwick.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks very much for the info. I am actually writing a fiction story and my main character is moving from Cali to Copenhagen, Denmark, and I am trying to work out approximate times for the flights since she would have had to go from LAX to London's Heathrow and then from Heathrow to Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup.
    Solera

Comment by Solera (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You could just go on Expedia.com and plug in LAX to LHR and it will tell you how long a non-stop flight is
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks Syphon! I was wondering if there was a place I could do that but I wasn't sure. Thanks so much!
    Solera

Comment by Solera (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• About 13 hours- non stop and over the Pole.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Just go to Travelocity and act like you are going to buy a ticket
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thank you ladies! I got the information I needed! I appreciate all the help!
    Solera

Comment by Solera (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Best Wishes on ur book...Dont forget us when you make it big...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm not writing a book, just a short story probably no more than 5 to 8 chapters at the most, but thank you for the best wishes! I appreciate it very much.
    Solera

Comment by Solera (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010