when you feel sick..

what does it feel like? this is one of this *do you feel the way i do or am i different*

i can get dizzy, i feel like my gums feel weird - like some kind of really hot liquid wash over them. i sweat and sometimes see spots.. then i know i am going to vomit and there is no stopping it - i prolly wont get a foot away from where i am. idk if this is some sort of over reaction or do other people feel this way too? i am sure if so to a lesser degree.. I know i am phobic about vomiting so really what is your experience with it?

and yes thank you for entertaining my sometimes weird questions.

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 7:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Health

• I have to say I honestly felt that way when I was pregnant bc my bloodpressure was so high...I saw spots and was dizzy...I just felt weird all over...but on the normal sick days..my stomach will hurt,,i will feel really weak like i cant move and i will break out in sweats and my skin will have a weird reddish color rash look to it...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 7:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Your description sounds exactly like when I am nauseous. I don't think you are weird, lol. I do have the ability, usually, to hold it off for a few minutes while I get to a bathroom. I talk to myself (not out loud lol) and say "ok, we are going to be sick, let's just make it to the bathroom first, we don't tant to puke right here. We can do this. Just hold off for another minute while we get ourselves together." That sounds completely crazy. But it really does work. I get very motion sick and I am usually able to talk myself out of throwing up if I just concentrate really hard.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• thats great - not really but yea. my mil made the comment that i threw up more then any person she had ever met when i was pregnant with my son... i used to tap my nose, the wall on the way to the bathroom hum talk to myself like you getrealmama. thank GOD i was prescribed medicine for my nausea for this pregnancy... i was sick every day. projectile vomiting or laying very still till it passed enough that i could do something - like change a diaper etc. horrible. horrible horrible i hate vomiting
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Fortunately, I don't catch the stomach bug often, but every time I do, my mouth always seem to suddenly fill up with lots of watery saliva immediately before I finally vomit. It's such a gross feeling. I never really vomited during my pregnancies, so I don't know if it would have happened then too.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• OP I am so sorry you were so sick!! I only had morning sickness at the very end of my pregnancy. And for some reason I only threw up in the shower. Maybe the heat made my body react, who knows.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• @getrealmama oh man yea at least in the shower there was less clean up right lol? yuck! oh man i just took a pill.... now lets count!! Bleh

@vicesix you cant? LUCKY! i have been really lucky this pregnancy... i fear when school starts again. i have 4 in school classes... community college :| eep

i wonder if there is a technical term for the salivating? hmm
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• sounds, well, terrible, I'm sorry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• MoMoFu, I did feel lucky that I wasn't hurling all the time, but for the first few months of my pregnancy, I was VERY nauseous. It just didn't come up, lol. Hope your tummy settles down soon.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010