My little man starts kindergarten...

tomorrow. I know I will be teary eyed after I walk him to his room and get him settled. I am glad he does have a few friends from preschool in his class, so that should help. He won't be clinging to me either lol. He didn't want me to be by him at kindergarten roundup. He's such a big man lol. Anyone else have kids starting kindergarten? Are they ready and excited, like my little man is?

I am taking lots of pictures tomorrow.

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 7:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in

• That's neat that they have a scavenger hunt for the kids. Our school just brings them in a week before so they can meet their class mates and teachers and then they get to ride the school bus! Very exciting for them!! My oldest son will be in 3rd grade this year and my middle son will be in 2nd grade so she's got two big brothers there. All last year she talked about what they did at school and how it wasn't fair they got to go and she couldn't. She's been very excited for the summer to be over so she can go!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my son will be starting on the 23rd. he's still a little nervous, because he didn't go to pre-school and hasn't really ever been away from me before. i'm really excited bc i think he'll love it once he adjusts. we went on a tour with the principal and that made him feel a little more excited about it. can't wait to see him get on that bus! i'll be saying 1 down..... 2 more to go lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My daughter starts on August 30th. She's excited to be finally going where her big brothers go! But I keep thinking "that's my baby"!!!!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• we have meet the teacher night on wednesday and my dd is SUPER EXCITED...im nervous, but excited as well. its amazing how fast they grow.
    heartsandskulls

Answer by heartsandskulls at 9:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Mine will be starting kindergarten on the 1st and she never went to preschool so this will be our first separation. I don't want her to go at all. I wish that I could keep her at home for forever. She is so excited and that makes me happy for her but I still can't help but be sad. I can't show her that though because then I think that she will feed off of that. Oh well it is a big milestone and it is not an option not to do it so I am going to try and make the best of it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Aw I am glad they are excited to go! I have a daughter started 4th grade. 2 down and 1 more to go. She is 3, so she will be starting preschool next year. The kindergarten had open house today. Nick got to see his room. He already knew his teacher because her daughter went to preschool with Nick. They had a scavenger hunt, consisted of walking around the school so they know where everything is. At the end the kids got a treasure box! It was nice! Nick is so excited! They have a large kindergarten class this year. Atleast he has his big sis around.

PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My little man ALMOST cried and so did I. I agree, I didn't let my emotions show because it would have made it worse. My little man is growing up. I wanted to bring him back home. I want to go check on his soooo bad, but I know he won't let me leave. So, to keep my mind busy I am going to go shopping and I hate shopping lmao.
    PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes! My son is starting kindergarten next week. It's a full day class. He was in pre-K last year for half-days. He's excited to go. I'm excited for him. We're both more than ready.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010