Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what are some insane home remedies that you have came across?

a FB friend was complaining of bug bites and one of her friends suggested using clorox bleach on the bites. i was shocked, really how can someone be that dumb,
dont ppl realize bleach is like poison...

what are some home remedies that you think are stupid or dangerous?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • ya my dad soked his foot in really strong bleach water when he had an huge open sore on his foot! I told him to stop and I better never catch him doing it again! and yes bleach can get in your blood stream and make you VERY sick! My FIL was spraying his basement down with bleach and just from it getting all over his skin he started vomiting and sweat bleach from his pores for days also his tears were bleach!!!! so ya I would stay away from putting it on your skin!
    hotrodmomma

    Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Putting bleach on your skin is dangerous. Think about it, what happens when you put bleach on a stain and let it sit? It eats through the clothes.......would the same happen to your skin? So, it might not be exactly like poison but it is harmful to your skin.

    OP.....I've heard of that before but I've always heard that you have to wash it off almost right away!
    colethky

    Answer by colethky at 7:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • i do know if u mix baking soda with water and make a paste. that will make itches from bug bites stop. but you have to wash it off in a few minutes. also pickle juice will cure a migrane. dont ask me why but it has worked for many ppl i know. those arent dangerious though.
    AmaliaD

    Answer by AmaliaD at 7:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Toothpaste is actually great for bug bites
    rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • bleach is like poison in some ways, ever see what happens to a raccoon that ingested bleach? when i was little my mom poured a gallon of bleach in with the fish guts in a bag thinking it would keep the wild animals out of the trash, my dad had to shoot the coon cause it was howling like crazy and bleeding out the mouth, im guessing the bleach ate its insides. so if its not safe enough to drink why would you put it on a bug bite and risk getting that into your blood stream.... even the label says not for ingestion or to not pour on skin, there is a reason for it...

    gothmama91

    Answer by gothmama91 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Bleach is dangerous for people and the environment.
    rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Thanks Ladies
    mamaofficer

    Answer by mamaofficer at 7:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Windex on mosquito bites like in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". The ammonia in it really does stop the itching! LOL!

    ILovemyPaulie

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • well clorox does help with bug bites you dont take a bath in it you just dab it only on the individual bites...just like windex and vinegar...vinegar also takes the sting out of sunburn and the heat...
    jorjiegirl

    Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • bleach is not poison! lol
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN