Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If you suspected a child of sexual abuse but wanted to confirm before involving the police? adult content

What would you do? Asking becasue it came up on a moms forum I am on.

Answer Question

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 15 (1,930 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • The child is being abused or the child is the abuser?
    I'd report suspicions of a child being abused without proof.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Keep the eye on the prize

    Answer by mamaofficer at 7:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Meaning the child and when you know for a fact then you move in.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 7:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • I'd report suspisions. Best case: you're wrong. Worst: you're right.
    The only real way to get proof is to ask the kid and unless you're trained to do so you could just end up confusing the child and screwing everything up. (not you-you but you as in people in general). Any questions asked by someone else could be considered leading the kid and whoever is abusing would get away with it. Best to report suspisions and let the authorities do the rest.
    I had a similar problem in my extended family and that is what was told to us.

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • If someone actually believes that there's sexual abuse then they're prob right...its not something that someone randomly just thinks for no reason. Again, either you're right or you're wrong, but you might just be the one who saves the child from abuse.

    Answer by nappeal at 8:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Do you like Lady GaGa?