why wont he poop in the potty???

what did you do to help your child poop in the potty. he is pee trained, has been for over a month but still poops every day in the potty. he goes at the same time but refuses to sit on the potty for long and i don't want to force it and have him hate the bathroom. any suggestions would be great.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 7:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is pretty scary to let something that you you body made go into the big toilet and get flushed away.

Just be patient...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My daughter is having the same issue. No problem peeing in the potty but won't poop. Can't wait to hear the input
    mkarpel

Answer by mkarpel at 7:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i think he doesnt like not knowing where it comes from. he finally peed in the potty after i told him to look at it and he wanted to see the pee coming out, and has done great since. and since he cant see the poo coming out i think it scares him. its very frustrating though. im trying to be patient but some days its hard. especially when he goes a little bit 5 times in a row.
    sweetjpea

Comment by sweetjpea (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Let him do it on his own.
    My DS was pottytrained for a month (peeing) but told me that he was scared to poop in the potty. I still encouraged him to poop in the potty because he doesn't like pooping and being a mess. Every time I'd change his underwear/diaper when he pooped, I would explain it is cleaner to poop in the potty.
    One day he started doing it all by himself and hasn't had any problems!
    Pooping is always harder. Just make sure to encourage and NOT force him or be negative :) Don't pull your hair out either. It'll happen eventually! :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Pooping is usually harder. I have the opposite with my DD she will poop in the potty but not always pee in the potty. I do know they love privacy when they poop. Try to let them sit in the bathroom with you outside the door and see if that helps.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010