A 2 yr old drowned in the pool shouldn't the parents be blamed for it ?

It was saturday evening .. my husband & I went to the pool with my 3yr old & 5yr old. it was a pool in the apt complex & a group of frens were having a party at the other end. The 2 year old kept running around the pool trying to jump into the pool ..she had inflated bands around her arms ..but no life vest. Her dad kept running behind her & was trying hard to make her sit at one place ( dad & mom remained out of the pool with kid ) when rest of the frens were in the pool . finally every one got out of the pool to have there dinner . that was the last time I saw the baby ,she was with her father. I was too busy with my 3 yr old
& didn't notice what was happening at the other end of the pool. 8-10 minutes later i heard a big scream they found the 2 yr old floating in the water head down . the paramedics arrived in 5-6 mind .... she was declared dead. i kept praying to god to show a miracle

Prapurna

Asked by Prapurna at 7:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• they will probably be charged with neglect

poor baby :(
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• o i'm so sorry to hear that. idk what happened, so idk who's to blame.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Absolutely the parents should be blamed! And get in trouble with the law!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it sounds like they were trying to keep an good eye on her. I think loosing theIR baby is more than enough for them to go through! I dont think it was due to neglectful parenting based on what you said so IMO I dont think further charges should be pressed. They will have to live with this for the rest of their lives- thats more than ANY sentence could ever do!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• praying

hotrodmomma

• regardless of who is right and who is wrong and whose fault anything was a little life was lost..and no mother or father should have to bear that burden...prayin for that little baby and the whole family
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well, they probably should have planned to go in the water with their child if they knew the child would want to be swimming. That being said, chasing her around and being sure she had floaties on her arms. . .that's definitely not neglectful. Anyone with children knows they can do just about anything in that one instant you try to catch your partner's eye, or close your eyes to sneeze. . . It sucks, but it happens. Not every tragedy needs to end in jail time. . .
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 8:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• sooo sad ! :( i feel for the parents imagine having to live with the guilt of just taking your eyes off of your baby for a second and then this happens!
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 8:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Accidents happen. But I'm kind of wondering why at meal time, two parents with one kid (assuming here) weren't watching their child, helping her eat, etc.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• This is truly a sad event. My heart goes out to that family. Yes, we as parents, are ultimately responsible for our children. And, I'm VERY sure the parents are pretty busy blaming themselves. Most likely always will. Instead of laying blame, I find myself putting myself in those parents' shoes. And, I just wanna cry for them. The loss of a child is a terrible tragedy. Then to have every one blaming you when you know full well you are responsible. Honestly, I don't know how I'd handle it. These people will live with this for the rest of their lives. What would you want the punishment to be if it was you that it happened to?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010