Has Anyone Suffered From Hypermesis?

I'm assuming you never ran into this absurd advice- http://myobsaidwhat.com/2010/08/09/theyll-keep-you-from-getting-dehrydated-theyre-carbohydrates-they-have-hydrate-in-the-name/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• o gee that ob must have graduated from the same school as the dr. who told me to eat 4,500 calories! i asked him how many calories was a 'normal' amount so i wouldn't gain too much weight and he said 4,500! needless to say i refused to see him anymore and saw one of his colleagues instead lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had hyperemesis with both of my boys, and staying hydrated was extremely hard. But eating carbs isn't going to keep you hydrated. I was hospitalized so many times with both of them.
    butterflymeme

Answer by butterflymeme at 8:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I did - it was VERY bad!!!! that site was obsurd! anyhow with my 1st DD I was hospitalized for 6 months, I also had it with my 2nd DD but during my first pregnancy they determined that Zofran would stop my puking so I could get through the 9 months. I was told (right before finding a medicine that would work) that if I didnt stop throwing up I would be on tube feeding and IV drip because I was not getting enough nutrients. (I lost 30 lbs in 1st preg and 25 in 2nd)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010