could it hurt me

i just found out i am pregnant with my 3rd one and i am 4 wks but i have a 13 month old and he needs my attention and i know i have to give it to him but could picking him up and doing my house hold things hurt me

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 8:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nah

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope. My first was 10 months to 19 months when I was pregnant with my second. I still carried her everywhere and did everything I would have done if not pregnant. It got a little difficult to hold her at the end bc my belly was in the way, but we found a way to make it work.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No, my middle son was 13 months when I found out I was pregnant with my youngest. I picked him up plus his older brother who was just barely 2. It never hurt me or my daughter.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• maybe get a sling? or a backback holder
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• no, i was always lugging around the older sibling when i was pregnant. the first was 2 when i was pregnant with my second, and my second was 10 months when i was pregnant with my 3rd. i even carried them around when i was big lol.... never gave me pains or anything.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am about 28 weeks and its starting to hurt to pick up my 16 mo old but it shouldn't hurt you or the baby. My mom gave me a belly thing that wraps around your belly and your back and that really seems to help!!!
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No - picking up 40 lbs or so is safe during pregnancy and mommies have been taking care of their little ones while pregnant for a s long as there have been women!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope. When i was pregnant with my second my first was 3 mos-1 year and i took him everywhere carried him b/c he couldnt walk. With my third pregnancy Im carrying around my 2nd (5months) and Im sure I will do it til this one is born.
    .sarahbelle.

Answer by .sarahbelle. at 7:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010