should I call my ob?

I have a fibroid tumor on the top (if I'm looking down) right side of my uterus. I am about 38 weeks along. I have been having rib pain and trouble breathing because of its placement but since my son has dropped it has stopped a little bit. Today I am having serious pain in that area. It is hot to the touch, itchy and tingly almost. It is swollen and very tender even my shirt touching it hurts. My dr. hasnt been too worried about it. Said it's nothing of concern and will more than likely go away when I deliver. But since it is hurting so bad should I maybe call him in the morning? I see him on Thursday but not sure if I should wait it out or what

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 8:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call, just to be on the safe side.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• if it's hot and swollen and painful like that, i would definitely call them right now. that is not a good sign..... it could be instrangulated (sp?) or twisted or something

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• That sounds like it could also be a gallbladder problem. How is your digestive track lately? Any upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea or constipation? Especially after eating?
    I would call the doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• no, not constipation or anything. The only thing i would say is anytime I eat I feel like I could throw up and get an achey feeling in my stomach for a few seconds and it goes away
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It sounds like Consipation or maybe your gallbladder. However, anytime something is hot and swollen it is not good so I would definately call your OB.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• when i got into the last couple months of my pregnancy, i had the same thing. but i don't have any medical conditions like that. it was just a sore, hot, tender spot. in your case, i'd go talk to the dr, but it could just be from being so big. it happened to me too!
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well atleast I'm not the only one lol
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i would call to be on the safe side thats what they there for and i hope things get better
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I always recommend calling, but try not to worry.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Call - it's better to be safe!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010