When does temp start to decline on a chart?

Have you noticed that your temp declines days before or the day of your period when you have not gotten pregnant?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like a pregnancy to me! Good Luck! You should let me know what you find out in a few days =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If I remember correctly it drops within days of ovulation if you did not get pregnant that cycle.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My temp only dropped by about .4 degrees and then has been climbing and staying well above my cover line ever since! Only 4 more days before I can take a preg test if I miss my period this month!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I will for sure! It will be on momcafe.com for all to know! LOL! We have been trying for so long.....then, got pregnant and sadly m/c in early June so if we were to be pregnant again that would be amazing and wonderful!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I just read that your temp can stay elevated for 10-16 days after ovulation and then it can drop dramatically if you aren't pregnant. So, only time will tell. I really can't know until Saturday if I could be pregnant.....
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It really depends on the person, the more cycles the chart the better idea you'll have of what's normal for you. Mine usually starts dropping 2-3 days before AF, and usually only by .1 at a time.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• you have a dip then a spike- this shows ovulation (once you see the spike its too late to try to get pregnant ovulation has occured already) as long as your temp stays above the coverline your safe to assume pregnancy! good luck!
    mommyto4rugrats

Answer by mommyto4rugrats at 11:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I didnt...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010