Same age as SO

So I have been wondering...for those of you who are close in age with your SO (less than a year) how do you get along? Do you think it is easier to be closer in age or further away in age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• um, well dh and i are 10mo apart, we're the 'same age' for two months after my birthday then he's a year older then me again :P I think its easy being close in age, we have similar likes/dislikes, we grew up around the same 'era' and have similar backgrounds so we have alot in common. our parents are all around the same age so its good for the kids (hopefully they'll all be alive and healthy for a long time together, kwim?) i don't know what it's like dating/married to someone older or younger though so i don't really have anything to compare it to.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 8:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We are 8 months apart he is older...and we get along great. Hes my best friend!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• there is a one year age difference between me and my SO...but he's pretty mature...with my ex husband...there was a five year age difference...and he was very immature. I think it depends on the person
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 8:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We're 5 months apart. We get along perfectly.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We're a month and a half apart. We were high school sweethearts, and we've been together 14 years (married for almost 13). We get along great. I think it's easier because we're best friends.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We are 3 months apart and we get along great almost all of the time. I think it has more to do with our personalities than our age.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 8:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We are actually 16 mos apart. We get along phenomenally well. My ex and I were 2 years almost to the day apart and we had a ton of issues but I think that had to do with us being the same astrological sign and butting heads. We have been together for 7 1/2 years and get along almost all of the time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My DH and I are a year apart. It was difficult at first because he was immature, but he is finally growing up and realizing a few things. He is acting more like an adult than a kid.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My DH and I are two months apart in age. We've known each other since we were nine years old. lol And we've been "together" since we were 17. I don't think it's necessarily better to be close in age... But he and I are best friends. We were friends for years before we ever went out. And I can't see us ever not being together.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• we jsut get along his does his things and i do mine also we do things together
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010