breeched baby...

I am 34wks preg. and my baby is breeched he has flipped 4times switching positions I know their is still time for him to move head down or that he can flip during early labor but my dr. is already talking about c-section I have had 2 children vaginal and I wouldnt like to have a c-section so are their anythings you tried to encourage your baby to mave head down or was your dr. experienced with helping move the baby head down during labor????

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 8:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well make it clear to your dr. that you don't want to have a c-section and you expect him to respect that. but there isn't really anything you can do, but usually they turn down by 38 weeks. they can also try to turn them around through your belly.... i saw it on tv and it worked, but it looked painful to me!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• *sigh* drs seem to like the extra money that comes w/c-sections. i can't think of any other reason why they're pushing them so much nowadays. if i were you, i would be certain to explain that a c-section would be a last resort and stick to it! even if you're in labor and the baby's not head down, give it time and ask the dr to do all possible to switch it. even if it means getting another dr in there.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 9:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have a dr. apt tomorrow and I will be asking him if he is experienced on turning a baby during labor if not I am going to look for a dr. who will at least try and help...
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My son was breech, and turned, but ended up sideways. You still have plenty of time, but if you do have to have a c-section, don't worry. It's honestly not that bad. Nothing I tried worked for turning him. Best of luck on him turning, though. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My last baby was breach up until 3 days before she was born. I had a lot going on and told my ob that I did not want a c-section. There was no way I would be able to do everything I had to do with a c-section. She told me that they can flip the baby around. I had one who was able to flip babies from the outside, but it can be done from the inside as well. All I can tell you is that it is supposed to hurt if they flip the baby from the inside. Ask the Dr. what he thinks and go from there.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There is also the chance of the sac being broken during turning, which can cause other problems. It is safer if done before your water breaks. All I can say is it really is not about what 'you' want it is about the baby. If it is safe, then it can be done, if the risks are too high (no matter how many expert docs there are) it won't be done. It's all about what is best for the baby. Hopefully, the baby will turn on his/her own without complications. Best wishes.
    warmcoffee

Answer by warmcoffee at 10:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• http://www.spinningbabies.com/
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If this were me, I wouldn't have the baby turned (ECV), personally.
    Rather, I would try exercises, Webster, moxibustion, and be sure I hired a care provider that can save surgical birthing for emergencies, not variations of normal.
    :-)
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Breeches can be born safely too. You can look for an OB or midwife who is familiar with breech deliveries and a hands off approach. The skill is all but lost, but a breech does not equal a c section (or at least it shouldn't)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had an external version done with my daughter because she was breech. Honestly, I only did it because Florida law prevents homebirth midwives from attending breech births or even doing prenatal care for woman with breech babies. I got shuffled off to a high risk clinic until I had the version done.

I will say though, while it allowed me to have my home birth, it was more painful than labor. Plus, it bruised my belly, and I had her kicking the bruises from the inside. Not pleasant.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 6:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010