Are there any divorced Mamas out there?

Do you ever miss being married? I mean, I get so lonely (divorced for 10 years). I have had boyfriends but none lasted for more than a month or two. I'm just afraid that I'll be alone forever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I divorced my first husband.And remarried 3 years later.but sometimes I miss my freedom from when I was single.Being married isn't always wonderful and nice.Especially going to a blended family.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• In in the process of divorce now, and it couldn't happen quicker. My hubby was a big problem for me. I so welcome my life, now that he's out of it. I think marriage is beautiful, if you marry the right person. If you're completely ready to date, then go for it. But if you're meeting ppl and it's only lasting a month or two, evaluate them closely to see who/what you're choosing. Trust me, I've learned my lesson, lol. But be patient and learn from each relationship you're in. Lonely is no excuse to settle! So don't. Find the man YOU want to be with for the rest of your life. God bless!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I used to miss being married but now love the freedom. I can see men whenever I want and not be bothered with them when I don't. I've not met one that I'd want to marry! I've cared deeply for a few over the years but I like sending them home when I get tired of them. I can't see me married again but won't slam the door on the idea. I think men can sense when a woman gets that "I want to be married again" feeling and they leave. Maybe if you can relax and just enjoy the "now" then the right guy might come along and hang out.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i'm divorced. Don't worry about being alone. You just haven't met someone deserving of you. It will come to you. There is a lady on here who was "alone" for almost 20 yrs before she found her Mr. Right. Keep your head up, he will find you when the time is right.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 10:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I know how it feels to think that you'll be alone forever but sometimes its not the case.

Take up some sort of activity to ease this off of your mind. One thing to remember is, sometimes when you're not looking for love it pops right up in your face...Good luck
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I was married for 15 yrs. Divorced for 8 or so...I am in NO hurry to run down the isle again!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have been separated for over a year and am in the process of getting divorced and I will admit that it does get lonely sometimes when you wish you had someone there to just cuddle with ,.... but thats natural ... contrast those moments to the not so great momens with the x and I rather be a lil lonely :) plus I have an amazing group of FABULOUS friends theres nothing liek independence (for me anyways) I love just being able to go out be flirty meet interesting people and enjoy LIFE it makes me a better/happier Mom, Friend and overall person! Go out and find what makes you feel FABULOUS !!
    SkylerJsMommy

Answer by SkylerJsMommy at 4:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008