is this a positive BFP??

my friends digital test said negative but she opened it up to look at the strip and saw this(her period isn't due for 7 days) positive you think or not? it looks like two lines just one is really faint
Photobucket

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 9:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I do see a second line, however, she's just going to have to retest in a couple of days.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• 7 days is too early to get a positive. 4-5 days before her period is really the earliest any test will show up positive. At 7 days before, the fertilized egg is just reaching the uterus and implanting. It would take at least 2 days after implanting for hcg fromt he fertilized egg to get into her bloodstream/urine.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ya there is a second line but I'm pretty sure your not suppose to tke them apart- so I dont know if that makes a difference
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i told her to take it apart after it said negative, that is what i did with mine lol and im 24 weeks :)
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• and im wrong she is due on the 13th for her period so thats 4 days
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• lol she stocked up 5 tests lmao!
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/digitalsecret.html ......

In simple terms, the digital test stick sucks up urine like a "regular" HPT. The test has a control line like every other HPT, to indicate the test worked properly. Then there is a "results zone" where a second line may or may not appear. Here's the difference: the second line may appear even if you are not pregnant, because the antibodies in the "results zone" are NOT testing ONLY for pregnancy hormone. Drumroll please. The "results zone" detects not only hCG (pregnancy hormone) . . . but also LH (luteinizing hormone.) LH is found in women's bodies almost all the time in some quantitity. (See the Fertility Info section for the nitty-gritty.) So, depending upon where you are in your cycle, how much LH your body produces normally (which can be thrown off by conditions like PCOS), you may see a second line even when there is no hCG ("Not Pregnant.")

kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• she also took a pink none digital one and had the same affect of two lines just one really faint
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If I were you since you ARE pregnant I would get the same test (a new one) pee on it and take it apart and see how many lines there are now .... IDK just an idea
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well i took the same test as her when i was a few days before my missed period and i saved that pic on my FB and it looks the same as this one just a tad darker but still super faint, i hope it is a plus for her! she just had an eptopic 4 months ago :(
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010