How often do you do dishes?

After every meal? Once a day? Longer than that?

I just can NOT seem to keep up with my dishes. I have 4 kids....almost-3-month-old twins, a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Well, 5 kids if you count their dad. LoL. Plus, I work full-time nights so I am just exhausted all the time... which I realize is not a good excuse. I am ALWAYS in a hurry so what usually happens is ... I make a meal or a snack for the kids or whatever and then I just set the dishes in the sink and think "Oh, I'll get to it in a little while." And then "a little while" comes 3 or 4 days later. LoL.

Does anyone else ever do this? I hate it when they get built up... it would be so much easier if I just washed them as I used them but I just can't ever seem to DO it. LoL

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• twice a day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• when i didn't have a dishwasher i would wash them after every meal. now i have a dishwasher and do at least 1 load a day. i don't like seeing dirty dishes laying around my kitchen lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up, I only have one kid and I will let them pile up sometimes when I'm busy with work....
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 9:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes i do the same thing. sometimes i will use a bunch of dishes and then will be leaving for the rest of the day into night, so then the next morning we wake up and all those same dishes are there and then i need breakfast dishes then the sink is filled up. but if im home all day, i seem to do a full sink of dishes 3 times a day and theres only 3 of us.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Once a day most days unless its ungodly hot,then every 2 days. I can't stand putting my hands in that hot water!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• twice a day.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 9:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I atleast have to put them in the dishwasher, i can't stand to have them in the sink- But, i understand with 5 kids & a Fulltime Job you have Alot on your Plate!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• oops! cat on keyboard,sorry!

• Twice a day, after lunch and dinner. I don't like dishes and they stink up the kitchen especially since it's hot. Though if I have to soak something I'm guilty of forgetting about it for a day or two lol.
    Though it is just hubby and myself so don't stress over it. If you can afford it try using more disposable items like paper plates and cups for lunches and snacks that way it will cut down on dishes in the sink. Also they can be recycled if you're into that.
    Another trick is for snacks just use a paper towel to have them set their food on if it's possible like cookies and what not.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• At least once a day.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010