So since same sex marraige should not be allowed, because it does not uphold the sanctity of religious marriage, does that mean...

Pagan marriages, atheists marriages, second marriages, mixed religion and race marriages should also not be allowed? I mean really lets be fair. You can't say OK to some your religion would not allow and no to the others your religion would not allow. How for are you willing to try and push?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• This has always been my issue with this argument. If you are going to stop ONE form of marriage based on religious beliefs then you have to stop ALL forms of marriage which don't agree with those religious beliefs. When it comes to religious beliefs you are either in or out, you don't get to say "This is not okay, so we are going to stop it" and then turn around and say "This is not okay, but we are going to just let it go" when it's the same damn issue... If you don't agree with homosexual, non-religious, interfaith, second marriages, DON'T HAVE ONE... Beyond that, it's none of your damn business what I do in my marriage!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• we all know they are hypocritical. thats why they pick and choose what from the bible they want to follow.. if they 100% followers, they would never take birth control either, etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• sanctity of marriage is a joke and an excuse when it comes to SS marriage. i doubt most Christians view their marriages this way or there would be a lot less divorces and cheating among Christians. a marriage is only as sacred as the couple treats it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• LOL my husband and I are both atheists AND we were married in a church AND we are no longer able to reproduce.

sticking out tongue

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yup everyone just followss & does wat looks best or what they think its best! but really no one is living right
    lovely163

Answer by lovely163 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Less than 50 years ago it was illegal for me and the hubs to be married....

F&%$ them.

The government has NO authority to say WHOM one should be married too....

They can't get their OWN $hit straight (pun intended)

Let me marry the PERSON of my CHOICE, and they can concern themselves with their OWN eternal damnation

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My own personal beliefs are not beholden to anyone
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have been wondering this same thing for awhile now. It will be interesting to see what people say.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 12:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There is a difference .. same sex marriage is same sex marriage. lol

pagan and other religion marriages are more often than not male and female marriages

Thats why as Christians we are against same sex marriages but not any other kind of marriage doesnt matter your religion if you are male and female that marriage is sanctified in God's eyes.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

Then you agree it is not a religious thing. Other wise you would want it just for the religious. So you just threw your own argument out. Thanks for saving me the work. God has no place in law. Marriage is legal.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010