How do I figure out what I want to do with my life?

I get so bored so easily. I have the chance to go to school but I don't have a clue what I want to go for. I'm 26. I'm too old for this crap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When you figure it out, let me know! I'm 41 and am STILL trying to figure that out! LOL I would say the most important thing is to never stop learning and never pass up a new opportunity! Good luck!!
    ramawin

Answer by ramawin at 9:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would say go to school because I had a lot of friends in my general education classes that had no idea what they wanted to do freshmen year but they took a lot of diverse classes and eventually threw themselves into something....good luck!!!
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 9:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• TOO OLD?! I'm turning 40 this month and I'm planning on going back to school in the spring. You are NEVER too old. To decide what you should study in college, you need to know what career you want. There are tons of websites that provide personal quizzes to help you determine your strengths, weaknesses, and passions. Try those!
    Nikdarcy

Answer by Nikdarcy at 9:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Do you work and what do you do, do you like it, and or would you prefer working from home? What talents and gifts do you have? What are you good at and what are your desires?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am currently a photographer assistant and I love it but it's unpredictable. Schedule and money wise. I love kids but don't really enjoy day care bc of the other teachers and parents. I always felt like most of the teachers didn't care about the kids. And I love writing but I'm not very good at it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You are never too old! Go into something you enjoy as distraction. If you like the ER shows because the meds are interesting - do that. If the shows on Egypt fascinate you, go into
    archeology. Just think. It will come.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Go in and talk to an advisor at your local community college and they might be able to send you in the right direction.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010