do you think you really have a right to tell other people how to live or are you content to live your own life?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL....I can honestly say I've earned no such right :)
    I live my own life...I do hand out advice when I'm asked.
    I'm far from perfect and I still have much to figure out on how to live myself...I couldnt tell someone else how to live.
    With my family and with my close friends..of course we all talk to eachother and give our best advice on serious issues in life and how we think the other may want to try handling things. But none of of expect someone to do exactly what we say.
    Advice is a "take it or leave" kind of thing. If ya leave it..you aint hurting me none,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I definitely have a right and a responsibility to tell people what to do, if they're my husband or kids! lol
    Nikdarcy

Answer by Nikdarcy at 9:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Content. I share with my friends what works and what doesn't and listen when they share.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm very content in my own life and when someone is curious about something I may know about, I am happy to contribute my wacky witty wisdom. I don't think anyone has the right to tell anyone how to live their lives. We make our own choices, be it good or bad and become better peeps for it.... or not...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• as long as they are not hurting me or my family , I do not care how others live.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well I have run into some here that think if I say they can't base law on religion that I'm trampling on their religious liberty. I have strong opinions on childrearing that I'd gladly share if asked, but I'd never presume to lecture a woman on breastfeeding for fear that I'd be rubbing salt into the wounds of a woman who dearly wished to but couldn't. I might, however, say something snarky toward a woman who refused to try to nurse because of vanity or "it's icky"

so basically, I try to MMOB, but have my weaknesses.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I may give advice, suggestions etc.. Be kind and helpful. But no more! I won't overstep my bounds to be unkind, demanding or tell anyone how to live their lives. I will comment if something is really wrong or against the law. For their own good.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• please, help yourself to all the HFCS and transfats you want, Jesse. who is trying to force you to smoke anything?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i definitely have a way of living my life, i have thoughts on how other's should live their's to create a better living for them and their family but i do not force the issue at all. i think having an opinion is good and show's people that you believe in something like respect, pride, etc
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope, I am content to live my own life. Unless it is a sibling, then I try to steer them in the right direction.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010