hobby ideas

i have no idea what to do as a hobby. my boyfriend has all kinds of hobbies but i dont have any. what are hobbies you ladies enjoy doing? i would join him, but i dont like the things he does. he gardens, has musical things he does, and working out. i need help!!

heartsandskulls

Asked by heartsandskulls at 9:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Try knitting, crocheting or quilting. Time consuming, but fun.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 9:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i dont know how to do any of those things. are they easy to learn?
    heartsandskulls

Comment by heartsandskulls (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Try scrap booking or photography. That's what I enjoy doing . Hobby lobby has a lot of scrap book things cool stuff and sometimes its 50% off
    Liz003

Answer by Liz003 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yep, grab a book at your local hobby store... or some hobby places have classes. You can check out your newspaper to find out if there are classes as well.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 9:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• thanks! i have always wanted to do scrapbooking, but im not very good at it. and i have wanted to get into photography, we just dont have the money to upgrade our camera and i am not very good with photoshop and making my pics look good. i will try this though.
    heartsandskulls

Comment by heartsandskulls (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i crochet and i learned the basics from my husbands grandmother but i have learned most of what i can do from watching youtube videos. like anything it's something new and it takes time to get it. it can be really rewarding. i have made multiple baby blankets, and if you really want to feel great about your work, childrens hospitals accept blankets for donation for sick kids, and you can make chemo caps for cancer patients or even preemie hats for babies in the NICU. it can be costly at times depending on the project and the amount of yarn needed, but it is relaxing and truly fulfilling to see what you have accomplished from some yarn and a crochet hook.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I re-taught myself to knit and crochet a few years ago and it is relaxing and rewarding. It keeps the hands and mind occupied! I went to the library and grabbed a few books. I did have to have my mom show me a few things because I need to see it done, but you can get the same effect by watching videos. The Library has entire series of video for knitting and crocheting, all you need are a few needles and some pretty yarn! As for the photography and scrapbooking...you could get into digital scrapbooking! The net has vast and free ways to enjoy that hobby for HOURS!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• how about painting ceramics?
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 10:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Cross stitch, reading, hiking, a friend of mine LOVES scrapbooking, making greeting cards, etc..
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 11:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He likes to garden, have you thought about how you could get involved with the garden by making things for the garden, silly signs, or animals, turn his garden into a mini city. using little cars or trucks.. Take photos and keep a picture journal as his garden grows or keep a written journal about what you see in his garden. Maybe you can explore some of the musical things that you like with him and compromise. Get or make some wind chimes made from different items. If you need an help or want to try cross stitch I can send you something from my stash. I will never finish it all.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 9:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010