what if...

what if my brothers chihuahua bite my 3 year but didnt hurt him and my older son kicked the dog for biting his brother do i correct him or do i ignore it ( the dog is now at my brothers)

kenzie24143

Asked by kenzie24143 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would tell him that you know he was just protecting his brother, but you should never kick dogs or cats, or any animals, because it could make the animal attack him. Tell him you are proud of him for protecting his brother.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Teach your kids to be good adults one day. Would I kick a dog that bit me? NO/ I would stay clear of that dog, cry that it hurt, wash it, and steer CLEAR of that dog.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• hes 7 and doesnt know any bettter hes used to my collies who sleep with ymkids i never had something like this happen before
    kenzie24143

Comment by kenzie24143 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If he is 7, he should know better... I mean, I understand that he was protecting his brother but he can't just go around kicking animals...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Teach him what is the right thing to do so that he does know better!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Don't stress, just tell he did good by protecting his brother but he shouldn't kick the dog he could pick it up lightly smack it on the nose and say no! That way the dog learns as well as your son. As you said Kids will be kids but we have to tell them whats right and whats wrong.
    Hollywood5433

Answer by Hollywood5433 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010