Have you had any recent cooking or baking disasters??

It has been a while for me, but my last disaster was turning on the wrong burner (one that was supposed to be boiling water) and burning oil that was in the pan I didn't mean to turn the burner on. It set off the smoke alarms in the house and the air was filled with smoke. That is what I get for not paying attention. Oops.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 10:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i forgot eggs when making box mix cup cakes... i said it out loud and still forgot till i put the cup cakes in the oven.... cant really take it out of the individual cupcake holders and mix in egg at that point so i left it as an experiment. they were extra swet and kind of caramelized on top. tasty.

a bad thing would be that i want to go to culinary school for baking lol
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I burnt cookies the other day because I got on cafemom...lol
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• oh my! just tonight our house was crazy! we have those kind of moments. my 2yo daughter was in the basement "helping" me fold laundry. my 2 yo son had stripped naked, took a plate of chicken off the counter and left a trail to the back door! it was like the wild dogs in christmas story, but it was my son!!!! he actually might have made an attempt to clean up, because the broom was on the floor with the empty plate and crumbs!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• A couple weeks ago I burned up a wok when I was doing stir fry veggies. I put it on low and left the room for second and got distracted for a long time until I smelled smoke. I swear I am so scatter brained sometimes. lol
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• This happened in my single days. My boyfriend at the time went away for 2 weeks on business. The night he came home I wanted to make him a special "I missed you dinner, welcome home". I decided to make coudon blue with twice baked potatoes and his favorite desert pecan pie. I planned all from scratch. Went to local supermarket to buy thin slices of ham and beef, cheese and potatoes. Sat up the night before and cracked pecans, made the pie in a double pot: water on bottom, filling on top and stirred constantly. Tried to roll the ham and beef with the cheese and put a toothpick to hold together. The meat was cut so thick I needed a box of toothpicks for each roll. The twice baked potatoes burned and the peas were still frozen (I forgot to turn on the burner becasue I was so nervous about the meat) Potoatoes: over done: peas and coudon: blue under done: pie: perfect. He stopped at McDonalds & ate on way home:(
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my mom used to buy ketchup & tomato sauce in bulk & once grabbed the ketchup on mistake & used it to make spaghetti
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Last week Sunday I tried making a new cookie recipe - FAIL. Then I made our usual favorites - all was good til the second-to-last pan - I burned the last 2 pans.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010