loud noises

my daughter is 11 month and really scared of loud noises... i just want to know if i can do to help her and why she is scared?

arkncld08

Asked by arkncld08 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-4 Credits)
  • because she is startled and doesn't understand what it is. my daughter isnot scared of the vaccume cleaner, but my sons were. i think it's just a personal thing. you could reassure her and comfort her
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My son was too, I think its normal for this age for lots of kids, just reminder her its ok and introduce as many types of noises as you can..my son is 2-1/2 and is much less afraid than he used to be..!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• At 11 months she is still getting used to noises after all she hasnt been exposed to them for very long...my son was afraid of the hand dryers in bathrooms at the mall when he was about her age and he would cry when I used them, he's almost 2 now and he doesn't mid them though...it just takes some getting used to....
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not exactly why she is like that my daughter will be 10 months on the 20th and she is like that... i don't know if they are more used to it being quiet and the loudness throws them off... good luck on finding an answer...
    Amanda244

Answer by Amanda244 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010