Is anyone on Anxiety meds while breastfeeding?

I had anxiety really bad after my first son was born. I finally figured out what was wrong with me when he was 2 months old and by then I gave up on breastfeeding. I am bound and determined this time to breastfeed and get my anxiety under control right away. Anyone else have experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've been on Zoloft and I'm nursing. It makes me tired so I take it at night when I'm should be sleeping anyway. Sometimes it takes me awhile to become really alert when I first get up but that even happened when I wasn't on Zoloft... I'm not a morning person. lol
    Pregasaurus

Answer by Pregasaurus at 12:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes. I had post partum both times around. And the first time I didn't do anything and the second time I did. And I have a history of anxiety problems, more my nerves and short temper than "anxiety". but I took meds while BF. Your Dr/nurse at your OB should give you something safe for baby and able to help you too. You aren't alone.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Zoloft is the safest anxiety med for Mom's who are breastfeeding.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Does it make you tired or loopy? I was on Citalopram for a while and that didn't make me feel anything but normal.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010