To all the co-sleeper moms...

...first I would like to say that I am NOT anti-cosleeping. I co-slept with my daughter until her daddy came home from his deployment when she was 10 months old. I just have an innocent and honest question NOT meant to start drama.

I hear about all these moms that co-sleep with their two or three kids/toddlers/babies and their husband...what I wonder is, when do you ever have sex with hubby? Hopefully you don't do it with the kids in the room or awake. So when DO you make love to hubby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well...I co-slept with Ava before Alex came home from his deployment. I suppose going to other rooms would keep it interesting. But what happens when your child has gotten SO used to you sleeping beside them that they can't sleep without you? What then?
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We do it whenever we want to. We just sneak off to somewhere else in the house. It does not effect our sex life at all. Now cuddleing on the other hand is a PROPLEM.
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 6:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• We would put the kids to bed and go get freaky on the living room rug, or in the bathroom int he tub or shower
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Sometimes the best sex is not in the bed. I co-slept till my DD was 2.5years old and she still spends at least one night a week in our bed.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I personally LOVE the fact that we can't have sex in our bed too often... It makes us be creative & spice things up. I just read another post about a mom who has sex with her husband while he 4 year old and infant are in the bed WITH THEM! How disturbing!!!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Wow, okay. So here is the difference. You were a co-sleeper. Still essentially with a baby, not a inquisitive toddler. I get where you are coming from. Your question is refering to the family bed. Similiar, but not the same. And to answer your question; as for me and mine, who the heck has the energy for getting it on at night after a day of chasing little balls of fire around the house, changing diapers, cooking and just family life in general? When we get in bad at night, no one is awake long enough to consider bumping uglies ha ha. We do find it really more exciting sneaking off for really intense grown up time! Woo hoo! Remember how you felt as a teenager? Passionate, intense and keeping secret! There you go. That is how we keep the fire going.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 11:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Lmfao, well, we would either go into another room and move my son. *shrugs*
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That's what the livingroom is for...

My kids are 28months and 14 months... We still co-sleep... My baby sleeps in bed with me and my big boy in bed with his daddy... So we just have to comunicate that this is what is going to happen... We put the kids to sleep and meet in the livingroom or the deck (heehee) or we just put the kids in the same room til they wake up that night. No big...

In our old place my son was in the same room with us because we didn't have another bed room we would just lay him in the play pen to sleep that night.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008