Is there any Avon Reps out there? How is it going for you? I just started, any pointers?

Well, I just became an Avon Independent Sales Rep about a week ago and I am starting to see if I made the right decision. I decided to become a rep because it allows me to stay home with my 4 year old, until he starts head start and then its just me and my 2 month old. I know they say bring it up everywhere you go, but I have a hard time asking some people at the church I attend. One person I know said they would buy, but I am just starting to go back to regularly service. (No offense, but when I first attended it was boring, old Pastor just read from the bible with no break down of the scriptures).However, I always participate in the things they have for the children, 4 out 5 years we have been living here, so I am well known to those in that department. However, I don't want it to seem like that is the only reason I attend. Need the business, but how can I go about this?

romona5

Asked by romona5 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I sold avon. Twice. The first 4 weeks are the BEST because you get 50%. After that you have to put in lots of time, lots of effort, and lots of footwork if you are going to be really successful! You have to sell ALOT to make it worth it and if you dont treat it like full time Job you will tread water. I started selling because I wanted to bring in extra income the first time. It was ok at first but I didnt have the time with 2 kids to really get out there and work it like I needed too. The 2nd time I sold it so me and family could get the discounts ;) But it really was a pain in the butt so I stopped again. Good luck! Alot of women do really well. The first lady who signed me up said "you get out of it what you put into it". And she was right!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I attempted to sell Avon. It takes A LOT of work to become successful. You have to get your name out there. It is VERY expensive to start your business up. You need to purchase lots of brochures and such.. to get your name out there. You also should purchase samples and include some coupons or frequent shoppers cards to get customers to keep coming back to you. It is going to take a lot of work outside of the home actually. The income is up and down.. and you can't really depend on it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks ladies I appreciate the input. I guess its time to go at it in full force and let everyone know.
    romona5

Comment by romona5 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010