Two questons. =)

#1....i have an EXTREMMLLYYY picky eater, she will only, and i mean ONLY eat mac & cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets and fruit...how can i get her to try new things? anything i should ask her to try first?

#2...What are some healthy snack ideas for daycare?..

Thanks=)

Kbrygier

Asked by Kbrygier at 10:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• as far as the eating thing is concerned...i have one too. my daughter drives me insane with how few things she will eat. her pediatrician told me to give her whatever it is we make for dinner and she will eat it if she is hungry...that's all fine and dandy and i get it, but in my case it doesn't work. my daughter will gag on things she doesn't like and end up spitting it out or puking. but i can tell you as they get older it gets a little easier to introduce new foods. my best friend had a picky eater and now at almost six he is easier to reason with and get to try new things. so i say, do the best you can, try to get her to eat new things, maybe something from your plate if she will try it, but don't stress. i think forcing them gives them more anxiety and they are less likely to want to give new things a try. and anyone who wants to argue with me, please keep it to yourself. what works for you, works for you.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I always encourage Felipe to try new thing, but I also make it clear he doesn't have to eat anything he doesn't like. That seemms to help him take a risk and try new things. Also, keep introducing foods, and model healthy eating (and enjoyment of healthy eating!) -- in other words, don't make it seem like healthy food is something we have to eat just b/c it's healthy. Let her see that it is yummy too!

Healthy snacks - veggies with dip, apple slices with peanut butter, apple slices with "apple dipping sauce" (equal parts peanut butter and yogurt), plain yogurt with honey mixed in, edamame, raisins, tortilla chips with homemade salsa, pretzels with hummus, fruit of any kind...
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Put a new thing and a favorite on a plate. Always offer something new. Or you could put peas in her man n cheese, or mix things up and see how she likes it.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010