How do YOU feel about this?

I have a friend who co-sleeps with her four year old and 3 month old. She,her husband, her daughter and her son share the same bed. The other day I asked her how she has sex with the kids in their bed and she said that she and her hubby have sex while their kids are in them bed with them! Am I the only one that finds this a bit disturbing and not normal? Won't this somehow harm the kids mentally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sexual abuse, which accounts for about 10 percent of child abuse, is any sexual act between an adult and a child. Such acts include:

* Behavior involving penetration – vaginal or anal intercourse and oral sex
    *Fondling– Touching or kissing a child's genitals, making a child fondle an adults genitals. *Violations of privacy – Forcing a child to undress, spying on a child in the bathroom or bedroom.
    *Exposing children to adult sexuality – Performing sexual acts in front of a child, exposing genitals, telling "dirty" stories, showing pornography to a child.
    *Exploitation – Selling a child’s services as a prostitute or a performer in pornography.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm sorry but that is wrong on so many levels, how can you have sex with your kids in the bed. I don't believe in co-sleeping to begin with but that's not normal.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• We were cosleeper and we NEVER did that! There's always another room inthe house for naughty stuff!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Same here we venture out.
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 6:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• We co-slept with all 3 of our kids. However, we never ever had sex with them in the bed with us!! I agree that there is always another place to sneak off to. Having sex with your children in bed is simply disturbing!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 7:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think that the 4 year old is a little to old. I understand that the children are probably sleeping, but I still feel that she is to old. I do not really have a problem with the younger one because they are to young to understand anything.

I think that if you are going to have a family bed then you need to find some where else to have sex because as your children get older they are going to start asking questions. I also think that although the parents may be comfortable with it the children may not be.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• that is off the hook, and if child services knew she would no longer have those children
    deniseswanton2

Answer by deniseswanton2 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That is a bit odd. I coslept and had sex with my son in the bed but that was when he was under a year old. 4 years old is way too old.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That's so wrong.
    Jaime61244

Answer by Jaime61244 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well...my grandfather and his siblings lived in a one-room house and he turned out normal...all 10 of them (including the parents) slept in 2 beds (so if they had 8 kids in a one room home---I'm assuming they had nookie when the kids were around) ..

But that being said, yeah...in THIS day and age, a little wierd...though I wouldn't necessairly assume that it is going to damage them...after all, just just because OUR society thinks its wierd, doesn't mean that it is (look at all the effed up things we think are "normal")...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008