Two ?'s in one regarding pajamas.

Where do you store your p.j.'s and how often do you put "new" ones on during the week? I fold my p.j.'s and put them under my pillow, but years ago when I was housesitting I saw that they hang their nightwear on a hook on the bathroom door. I guess it's good to let it air out (like you do sleeping bags after a camping trip). Where do you store your nightwear? Also, I used to wear my p.j.'s every night for a week before I washed them. Then a couple years ago I saw that my friend wears clean ones every night. How often do you wear freshly laundered p.j.'s? (Honestly, I'm beginning to feel self-conscious now like I'm the only one. . . .)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Health

• oh I wear mine forever, I don't even know exactly how long. I keep them on the cedar chest next to my bed.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I wear my hubby's t-shirts to bed and I put on a new one everynight.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I usually wear them just once:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I generally do not wear pj's unless it is that time of the month. Then I put on a new one each night. If I was going to wear them again, I would hang them on a hook in my room. I would not put them in the bathroom for the whole world to see.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I really only wear them for a night or two, because I usually end up getting something on them in the morning - breakfast, cleaning, etc.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• okay....

1) I don't wear PJ's per se....I usually wear just a tank top, no panties...I like to air out at night
    2) I wear the same tank top 2x and that is it.
    3) I usually just toss it on the bed.
    4) I think PJs are a waste of $$ for something that NO ONE ever sees
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well, ikeep mine on the floor by my sink in the bathroom lol. i also change mine every week. obviously i would change right away if something gross happened, but imo once a week is fine for 'normal'. now my sister, she puts on a fresh pair every night! and then she's always complaining about the laundry! lmao, i told her to put 2 and 2 together
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I wear my pair for the week, and then a fresh pair come Monday.......My children however, get a fresh pair every time they have their baths/showers (every night in the summer), and twice a week in the winter.....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• During the summer I wear new pj's every night. During the winter I might wear my pj's 2 nights in a row depending on how I slept that night. One of the things I consider is that yes you are just sleeping in them but you are still wearing them for a good length of time and your body still sweats and emits oils even when we are sleeping.

I fold my pj's and keep them in a drawer until I wear them. Once worn and I think I may wear them again, I lay them on my side of the bed.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I only have two nightshirts and that's only because someone gave them to me. I usually wear one of hubby's t-shirts. I don't know how long I wear them, but I just toss them on the pillow in the morning.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010