What home remedies do you use to clean around the house instead of Chemicals?

I just read a blog today and they said to use 1/4 baking soda with 1 cup of vinegar to clean out the toilets....it worked! Did a great job - I let it sit for a few and used the brush and sparkles now! Included the kids because it fizzs up and they can help with making it!

What do you use for cleaning products?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use vinegar an dbaking soda for almost everything. One of the green/natural groups here on Cafemom had a great list tha tI printed out of how to make your own cleaning products... it's probably something you can google too! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You can use baking soda to scrub different surfaces and your sinks also. I use baking soda with my laundry detergent (1/2 cup). It boosts the cleaning power of your detergent.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Here is a link to my cleaning recipes in my journal...I have lots of great tips!

Cleaning Potions

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Vinegar and baking soda are awesome for cleaning. I also buy some green cleaning products.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I use vinegar to clean the hard water spots off of my kitchen sink and the faucets in the bathrooms.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i have always been told rubbing alcohol to clean counters etc..but diluted peroxide will make it smell fresh and clean like a drs office and disinfect...bakin soda works with lots of stuff too...i know you can take a used dryer sheet to clean the faucet and the glass door on showers it will remove the water spots and help prevent them in the future.
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I use vinegar on a lot of cleaning tasks, with baking soda if it needs a bit of scrubbing. Rubbing alcohol also eats through tougher grime, if you can stomach the smell.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 11:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Baking Soda and Vinegar are natural products that can clean just about anything!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 1:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Baking soda and distilled white vinegar are the two I use most frequently, but I see some other great ideas that I'll have to try, too!
    jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010