Applying make-up

I am terrible at it I think... Any tips? I need tips on it all...eye shadow, blusher, eye liner. I'm newly single and don't want to go out looking like a freak show...lol. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Keep it natural.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• get something that compliments your eyes, the idea is a contrasting base color. if your eyes are blue use a brown with a copper base to make them pop, brown can use ANY color! do a cat eye if you have the right shape with a darker color on the outside with a shimmer on the inside and on the brow. def use mascara! it will make your eyes pop. blusher do a nike swish on the cheeks up toward the eye and nude lip color if you're using a lot on the eyes. play up your gifts, if you have nice lips use those as your center point.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• totally agree marchar2002!!! keep it very natural. light foundation, mascara and lip gloss is ALL i use!!! :)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• find a place that does it for free, and go there. Some Sephoras offer clinics. Have them show you. Make sure you bring enough dollars to actually buy something, and then, go and recreate the look with less expensive brands.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yep...keep it natural.
    i do a little foundation....light dusting of blush on high points of my cheeks...down bridge of my nose and across forehead at the hairline. i'm brunette and wear a lot of colors - always...so, i apply dark purple eye liner and a light dusting of more blush for the shadow effect on my lids. i don't apply mascara unless we're goin' somewhere fancy. mascara and my contacts can't seem to get along...LOL!
    lipliner for my lips and apply my fav lipstick. - boom!...less than five minutes!
    applying the foundation takes the longest amount of time - i also use a liquid foundation that dries to a light matte finish...it's awesome! anyway...hope this helps...good luck!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 10:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Go to any cosmetic counter like Estee Lauder or Clinic. They will show you how to do your makeup. I always buy something like an eyeshadow I really like or mascara. Then I go and buy everything else cheaper at another store. But if you really love their foundation you might want to buy it, it's the thing I have the most problem with finding one I like. Bare Essentials makes great eye shadow and blush. Nice looking and natural.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• YES GO LIGHT
    MSEYECANDY

Answer by MSEYECANDY at 5:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Humm well it all depends on skin color

I use to work for mac when I was 18
    try a natural look and pink or bronzed blush with
    sparkls for cheeks
    suince summer is almost over your gunna wanna go with
    warm colors for eyeshadows like a gold or a very light pink
    for some fun you can use a little bit of turqois for underneth your water line
    ( you can use that fir night time)
    during the day mic up alot of browns and golds and make a smoky eye
    and for night time try a black smoky eye
    you should go on YouTube and look up how to aply it it'll teach you alot of stuff lol
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 5:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh and stay to black or brown eyeliner anything else would make it look unnatural

unless you go out to clubs or to partys you can gave fun with it lol
    Ana a berry light pail lipstick
    you can also ues a pail pink lipliber to put on your lips all over lightly and cover it with chapstickand blend it lol it'll come out beautiful
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 5:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• BLEND! Makeup should be soft, not harsh.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010