How long did it take for your swaddled baby to sleep unswaddled?

Asked by rileymommy at 10:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• About 3 weeks.....

Answer by shortleo at 10:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My son never liked sleeping swaddled. Sorry could not help.

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• lol the first day..she despised feeling like she was tied down..after being in the nicu with all those tubes, and medical lines she said she wasnt being tied down ever again!

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my kids hated being swaddled.

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• DS didn't mind for the first couple of months, then outgrew that phase and liked to eat his hands and look at his fingers too much. DD let me swaddle her for a few months, possibly up to 4, but then would break out of even the most secure swaddle I could manage. She didn't hate being swaddled, I think she just got strong and liked to move around a little more. I would only swaddle her at night when we went to sleep.

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I just waited until he was big enough that he started wiggling him self out of the swaddle every night. Around 6 months old i think.

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my baby is 10 months and sometimes i still loosly swaddle her but she stopped really needing it a couple months ago. i know a woman whose baby is more than a year now and she still swaddles him tightly to get him to sleep caus he's most comfortable that way.

Answer by stykir at 9:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010