Has anyone breastfed for a long time and then got pregnant...

I breastfed for a year and now we are TTC. I was wondering what happens to your breastmilk? I mean I still have a little milk left in my breasts and today it turned yellow almost like colostrum again. Should I call the doctor? Is there something wrong with me lol? OR did this happen to anyone else?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My sister got pregnant while in the 2nd year of nursing. What she noticed was her daughter weaned herself almost immediately. She did notice a color change. He OB told her frequently a mothers milk will change in flavor when she gets pregnant and the bf child will simply not like it anymore.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope nothing wrong with it. I did the same thing I got pregnant while nursing. My baby just nursed harder once I got preggo. My body was doing double duty nursing and growing a baby. It worked out fine.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i was still bf when i got pregnant with #3. i didn't pump so idk if the milk turned color or not lol. i doubt that means something's wrong with you though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Did it turn yellow when you got pregnant right away?
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope but i think you can...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I gott pregnant 2.5 months after having my third. I noticed that it dried up the milk that I still had. I am ttc again now that my baby is 1 and I have heard that plenty of women do tandum nursing so I think it just depends on the woman.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2010