What age baby nursing makes you uncomfortable (if at all)?

This is the longest one of my babies has wanted to nurse. she is 16mo and shown no sign of wanting to quit. Which is fine by me. I'll nurse no matter what, but curious what the general opinion may be about comfortability in public. Just for kicks.

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 11:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• FOR ME- I was uncomfortable to nurse past 1 year. For anyone else...it all depends on their comfort level.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• 3 and older
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• 6 and older.
    SMH2010

Answer by SMH2010 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I nursed my son for 31 months, but not in public. I was never that comfortable nursing in public.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• In public? I think after 2 or 3 for me personally. Privately? However long mother and child are comfortable.

Kudos! :)
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• First off, congratulations! It's been eons since I've had kids young enough to nurse, but it seems like a couple of mine nursed that long if not longer. There's a wide range of what others consider acceptable. Alot depends on what you're comfortable with. What does your husband say? Pediatrician?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I personally could never nurse past 2.
    As far as another mother NIP... I think that past the age of 15-19 months you should probably just nurse at home.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It just depends, I don't know for me, I try to schedule outings around my feeding schedule but since my son is only 9 mos Breastmilk is still his primary food, so if I'm out I have no other choice.

Passed 2 I don't really care to see nursing tots because they should be getting their nutrients primarily from solids, I think comfort feeding and morning/night feedings are great, but if I'm at a play date with a tot thats 3 I don't want to see him/her skipping to the boobie :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My hubby thinks it's cute. Just because she gets so excited leaping for joy.And makes all these funny faces. Pediatrician said something I hadn't heard. That they still get antibodies from nursing??? I thought that ended back at 6mo old or so?
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• if the kid is walking & talking
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010