If you spoiled you kids do you regret it? Did you correct the behavior when they were young or did things just get worse.

My children are not spoiled they only have what they need not what they want.. But I have known kids that are so spoiled that the parents regret it and really wish they didn't cause they behave so badly, cause they have gotten away with everything. If your child was spoiled how do they behave and do you regret it.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 11:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• What do you mean by spoiled?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my sons only 14 months old so i dont know how he will behave yet, but i have all intentions on spoiling him. i think he deserves everything he needs, and wants and i want to give it to him. i was spoiled, and i can be alittle selfish sometimes or want things right away, impatient, but besides that, i was always well behaved and generous and nice. and the fact that my mom gave me what i want (new clothes, vacations, cars, etc.) - gave me more motivation to finish college and get a good job so that i can continue that lifestyle, and also give it to my children.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I guess it depends on your definition of "spoiled". I think it's ok for a child to have SOME wants in addition to their NEEDS.

I have a two year old, and she is an only, so she can have some "wants", maybe more wants than children who have multiple siblings. But it's not an everyday thing.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Spoiled your child get what every they want they throw fits cry scream shout misbehave.

Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh, ok OP, I see what you're saying. My daughter does that sometimes, but I don't think she is spoiled. When she does that, I usually, ignore her. Works like a charm.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• we spoil our childen they have a lot of wantsn and everything they need including lots of love but we have traught our childen that behaivor is imporant and we take things away
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 10:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2010