Don't know what to do!

I am almost 4 months pregnant and have been very sick throughout it so far. I've been having bad pains and migrains that last days. My husband invited over a friend and his family, so he cooked for eight people. He promised me he would clean up afterwards. Well it has been 3 days later and he hasn't touched them, so I had to cleanup once again. He leaves his dishes and pop cans all over the house and won't clean anything up. I have told him hes gonna have to help. So basically im cleaning up after him, my 2 years old daughter. He just won't life a finger to help just to mess things up. Idk if I can take it anymore, I know I am gonna need help after this baby comes. He always runs off to his xbox.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• i was sick the entire first trimester of my pregnancy - constantly nauseous and then some, then after that came the migraines... my husband got the idea i wouldn't be cooking or cleaning or doing much of anything else pretty quickly, and he started doing all the cooking and bringing me meals and all kinds of stuff. it's not the end of the world if things don't get done around the house - i.e. YOU don't have to do what your husband should be doing. you just worry about taking care of you the best you can. and of course spend time with your daughter. let your husband know what you expect and don't do it for him. help him figure out his priorities and remind him there will be added responsibilities in a few months that you SHARE.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would try talking to him about it first and then if that doesn't work I would take all the trash that he leaves around the house and stuff it in his car....most men are particular about his car...this is just to catch his attention. J/K. Once he understands that you need the help and really starts to comprehend it, he will help. Most men will help but only if they REALLY HAVE TO! You just have to find a way that gets across to him. Good luck!
    limegreen1223

Answer by limegreen1223 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• He should help you out esp with you being so sick and 4 months pregnant.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• First of all are you taking pre-natal vitamins? If not get them now. Drink more fluids. Go to the dr. Have a check up make sure you have enough fluids.
    Then tell your lazy ass husband it takes a lot of work to grow a baby and if he can't at the very least pick up his stupid cans your gonna throw him and the damn exbox out the door on his can!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• He should help you out especially, when you are not feeling well but, i promise you can do it!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have no great wisdom for you except you really do need to make a decision is this how you want to live the rest of your life?
    ER_Admin

Answer by ER_Admin at 11:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• when god made man first he was made out of dust and he made woman out rib of a man ..god had told man to get this gift you must not walk in front or behind but beside in other words you work together as one. in your house hold it took two to make this child .why is it only one doing the job ,tell hubby it time step up to the plate or get out.you are not his maid if he wants one pay for one. it is time to call the big guns mom his mom i don't think she raise her son to be a jerk .give her a call she be glade to help .if any of my son did this to my daughter in law they would not be sitting for long time
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• honey theres a simple solution here..you are preggo you need assistance..cut the freakin cord to the xbox into..and make him help you...i wouldnt care if it cost a fourtune to fix he would help...or else
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• He should help you but from experience I have learned that you can not count on a guy to do much of anything. If you ask him specific thing will he do that? I found that if I wanted something done I had to mention things specifically. Like when I do the dishes that involves washing the table, the counters, loading the dishwasher and emptying it. When my hubby hears that he picks one of those things and does it. If I ask for all seperately then he gets them done.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Does it work if you say "You do dishes and I'll dry them" or something like that? Can you just ask him to help put your 2 yr old to bed and THEN play his games. I'm older and don't have a husband that plays games so I would not have patience for that. I would just tell him "we both need to get the house cleaned up and put the kids to bed, then we can watch tv or play games or whatever..." Good luck!
    jabs54

Answer by jabs54 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010