do i need to wake my 6 week up old to eat?

luckily he sleeps almost all night......should i be setting an alarm to feed him or wait until he wakes up?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 7:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never wake a sleeping baby lol. Consider yourself lucky. He will wake up when he is ready to eat. Just let him sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• thats right mine use to never eat and when i did wake her to feed her she just threw it up anyway babies always know when they want to eat and how often and how much
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 7:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Don't wake her up unless your doctor says that she isn't gaining weight and needs to be.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Let sleeping babies sleep!!!

He'll wake up when he's hungry...and in the mean time, count yourself lucky your getting some sleep!!

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Never, unless its needed, wake up a baby. Your baby will wake up when its getting hungry ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yep, what everyone else said! As long as he's gaining weight like he's supposed to, there's no reason at all to wake them! They will tell you when they are hungry or need to be changed, etc.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• During the night time NEVER! Let them sleep:) Believe me, it's WAY better...When my baby was little at 6 weeks and he slept during the day, I would never let him go more then 5 hours without a feeding, sometimes that involved waking him up!....This is what I was told by my Peds. I know some woman might not agree, but those woman aren't raising my baby:)

Good Luck Momma!
    Masonyastesmom

Answer by Masonyastesmom at 9:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• the only time i ever woke my son up to eat at night was during his 1st week, and even then it was incredibly difficult! at his 2wk check up, i asked the pediatrician and he said that since he passed his birth weight in less than a week, he's obviously eating plenty and doesn't need to be woken up...to just feed him when he is awake.
    retz

Answer by retz at 10:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• if he has gained his birthweight back, i would let him be... i was told by my ped and a few books, that once birth weight is back, then they are ok to sleep thru the night, the only reason i set my alarm is to pump him a bottle for when we are getting ready in the morning and daddy wants to feed him.. good luck..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My baby slept 5 or 6 hours through the night at 1 month! I felt lucky! And he was gaining enough weight so I just repeat what the women above say!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008