Should I give up having a running partner?

I can't seem to find anyone that will make our running times a priority rather than something they just fit in when they can. Always getting cancellations or call to cancel 5-10 min before it's time to go....

I've gained and feel like maybe I'll just work out when it works best for me. And not cause my hubby to come home early so we can run , to just get cancelled. If it works out for them great;) I don't know...

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 11:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Ugh i know what u mean, i dont like to run by myself, but everyone else is lazy LOL
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• best running partner ever = an ipod
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It is really hard to find a person who can fit into the same schedule as you can. I found a friend who would run with me but I had to drive out to her house 30 min. away. uggh... I D K what to tell you. Good Luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would just scehdule a time that is convenient for you and then throw it out to whoever that might want to tag along. If they show up great but if they don't just go out as planned.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Have you tried meetup.com? I know around here where I live, they have running groups that meet pretty regularly...and there's always someone who shows up. They are usually people who are pretty committed too. If not, I don't know what else to say. I've had a hard time in the past also finding exercise partners. It seems like no one has any discipline anymore.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 11:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I like to run alone and be lost in my own thoughts. Occasionally I'll run with my husband.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My best running buddy is my mp3 player, but that said, you could workout on your own but continue to look for running buddies. After 1.5 years, I finally found two and they both live about 40 minutes away. We are looking for halfway points to meet up. Remember, your commitment to your exercise is the most important thing.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Agree with the others, the best running partner I have is my ipod. I'm not like most runners, I HATE running with people. I hate company. Not only does it condition me physically, but mentally. It's my time to recoup before my long, busy day.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010