My husband and I argued last night and he yelled at me which caused me some stress. I'm 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. Could this cause a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If that is all it took to cause a miscarriage the world would have ended by now.
    Extreme stress can cause a miscarriage, but it's unlikely an argument is enough to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My hubby and I have argued a lot lately; and I mean A LOT! I am probably one of the most stressed out people that exist. (I have an anxiety disorder, for which I refuse to take crazy meds for...) I worry constantly, stress out easily, and frustrate easily as well. I am preggers and have not had any issues; although I am sure it can happen, likely not.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I wouldn't be pregnant right now if it did. My hubby doesn't yell but, my SS is a very angry child and he can mean and violent and I am his only caregiver so, if that was all it took then I would have miscarried by now.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• lol honey i get so pissed adn yell at him and he like yells back adn im still pregnant youll be fine just try to relax when that happens lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• wow i'm pretty sure no one can go through a pregnancy without any stress lol
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Oh honey...I have been more stressed during this pregnancy than any other time in my life. I'm 29 weeks along and I've got a perfectly healthy bouncing baby girl rolling around inside of me. EVERYONE gets stressed during pregnancy, and the heightened hormone levels don't help at all. I find that drinking (safe) herbal teas and taking nice warm showers really really helps.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008