why such a bitch?

i am trying to make it so my stbx's girlfriend and i can be on amiciable terms. she won't have anything to do with it. she isn't very nice to my daughter either. my daughter now refuses to go with her dad over to her house anymore. i want a healthy relationship for all so my daughter can grow up around healthy relationships. example, last night we went to a cheerleading dress rehearsal for my duaghters friend. my stbx's girlfriend was supposed to be there with her daughter as her daughter is in cheerleading. never showed up because i was there. her poor daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• That is terrible. People need to get over themselves and think about the children and how their immature and irresponsible decisions affect the people who should matter most around them... The children of course! Of course there is going to be tension between the involved adults but everyone needs to do their part to make it the easiest for the children. Good luck :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That really is awful! I think it's great that you are trying to keep things friendly. If she continues to mistreat your daughter I'd have to let her know you could prevent her from being around your child if she continues to act so childish. Or have a talk with your STBX and let him know this, maybe it will help him "motivate" her into acting like an adult. Good luck.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• She needs to get over herself, she doesn't have to like you but she should be cordial because she has to be around your daughter and it's so much easier on the kids when everyone can get along.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• what is STBX?
    gcmomx3

Answer by gcmomx3 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• soon to be ex.

Jealousy is a horrible thing. It will eat her up. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It is awful that this woman cant get over her petty crap so the kids can benefit. I think you are definitely being the adult in this situation realizing that if she is going to be around for a while, you might as well make an effort to get along with her. I am so lucky that my daughter's sister's mom and I get along great so we can take the girls to lunch and out to get togethers. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way and you can't make the woman change (even though it would be nice!)
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• talk to your ex alone and tell him that things have to change for your child.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2008