is it haram to go to the salon

as salaam alakium sisters is it haram to go to the salon if not what surah support this and how do you handle hairstyles you can't wear outside.

momwa6

Asked by momwa6 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• salaam alakoum, it is not haram if you go to the salon and a women does your hair. and there are no men present. and when you leave the salon make sure you wear your hijab. cuz the quran doesnt say not to get pretty for your husband . your hairstyle or anything to make you look good for your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Im Muslim too, but I think that your questions are very odd sometimes...sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I'm not sure exactly what all you are asking, but I think the problem would be if it is glass front and if everyone on the street can see you getting your hair cut, or if it is a mixed sex salon. Also, you have to check on the disposal of the hair. I wear hijab, so don't really have to worry about hair styles. My hair is really long, so I just trim it myself.
    b_cheerful

Answer by b_cheerful at 11:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• as salaam alakium if my question are odd at times is becuase i 'm asking for advice on this matters in reguards to my religion. the quran doesn't be specfic with these topics and the sunnah give you the view point of what the phophet( saws) would do be he is not a woman so as you can see i have to ask sisters how they handle these matters.If there are any books on female topics on islam reguarding hair and how to handle children and other issues such as going to a non muslim funeral then please recommend to me if you can as sallam alakium
    momwa6

Answer by momwa6 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my hair is long...I trim it or my husband will trim it for me. I wear Hijab...so hairstyles don't matter to me. Why get my hair done if no one can see it...and my husband likes my hair just down or in a long braid. I usually have my hair in a bun....Sorry can't really help ya.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 7:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I am not Muslim, but I'm an orthodox Jew and I cover my hair. I will only go to a salon if there are only women there and the glass in front is covered over or they cut my hair in the back.... and it has to be a woman who cuts my hair.

I'm curious--how do you have dispose of hair in Islam?

yael375

Answer by yael375 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was taught that you bury it, and also nail clippings.
    b_cheerful

Answer by b_cheerful at 10:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i am not very familiar with islam teachings...so this is asked out of my own ignorance..what is your purpose for burying the hair and nail clippings..just asking:)
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• sister i also get my hair trimmed by myself or my husband but i went to cosmotology school before i became a muslim . So i miss getting my hair done washed cut and conditioning treatment , so i have always wondered this quesion also
    salam sister
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• What to do with them'
    After cutting the nails and hair of the body, one should collect them all and bury them, since we all are made from soil and thus the hair and nails should be put back to the earth.

http://www.zikr.co.uk/content/view/69/110/
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 10:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008