Consumer Driven Health Care

Does anyone do a Consumer Driven Health Care type insurance (CDHC)? My work is changing insurance all around and not the High plan and Base plan have high deductibles and what not. I was just wondering if anyone does this and if they like it?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 12:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• Not sure about that, but I was working at a company this past year. When I became eligible for health insurance, it was high deductible at $550.00 for me alone, per two weeks. So... I was still going to take it. I enrolled and the week it was to go into effect, I got a call from HR telling me that I was too far out of the network to see the Dr's, even though I was going to travel. I give up. I hate health care. I'll pay cash!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This consumer driven one we are looking into has a 4000 dollar deductible for a family. It is like you pay your own bills till you reach that deductible and everything is covered 100% after that. My district I work for gives you a debit card kind of thing (if you elect the CDHC) with 2000 dollars already on it. So we just come up with 2000 dollars more and what we do not use, carries over year after year. This is considered the low plan with my work. Now the high plan and base plan has a percentage even after you reach your deductible. It is all very confusing to me and I am going to one of the benifits meetings my district is having tomorrow to maybe get some help on this.
    vickwu

Comment by vickwu (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2010