What is your favorite memory involving your child(ren) so far?

Mine is a tie between her first word being "mama" instead of "dada" like I was so sure it was going to be lol, and when she was about 1 and daddy was tickling her and she started squealing "MAMA! MAMA! MAMA!" for me to help her escape from the evil daddy lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• KiwisMommy- it sounds like our little girls are similar because my Favorite memory with my Daughter is when she was so happy after her open heart surgery. She had two chest tubes and I know she was in pain but she was smiling at the kids who were in the same floor as her. She was telling the nurses what a great Mom she had because I was with her the whole time and how we were going to do something special for heart kids when she got home. She now makes packages and we send them to heart kids when they are in the hospital. I am so proud of her.

With my Son it is probably how loving that he still is at the age of 6. He isn't ashamed to love on Mommy in public and he makes the cutest and sweetest faces.

I could go on all night. I just love being a Mommy :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOL! The day my eldest daughter, after having children of her own, told me that no one could give her advice that she would trust, except for me!! The youngest, well, the fact that she is working out her own money issues and she's actually now ahead of the system!! Isn't it funny how our mom memories change with the times of our lives.

Really, you can ask me yearly and I am sure I will have a new story for you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This is a wonderful question. My daughter is only 17 months old but everyday it seems she does something new that makes it my favorite. I love her teasing side a lot.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When she was in the hospital after surgery with a tube in her chest draining fluid out. And she was happy and smiling. She gave a bunch of stickers to anyone who came in the room and said they could keep one for themself and give the rest to the other kids on the heart patient floor so they'd be happy too. I hated seeing her hooked to everything like that and having to accept help from 3 people to potty because of all the machines we had to bring. I loved seeing her be so giving and caring. I was so proud! She had just turned 5.
    Also today she kissed me when she got off the bus and said she didn't care if the big kids laughed at her, that she has "the coolest mom and don't care who knows!".
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

Also today she kissed me when she got off the bus and said she didn't care if the big kids laughed at her, that she has "the coolest mom and don't care who knows!"."

That is such a great story, and she sounds wonderful! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• With my oldest (he's 3) it was the first time my son said "I love you". My youngest is only 13 months so his birth. We had so much stress while I was pregnant. Drs kept saying he might have downs syndrome. He was born perfectly fine.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think my favorite memory involving both of my children was when my son held my daughter for the first time. It was the sweetest thing finally seeing my two children together. I had a hard time bonding with my son when he was a baby, so the first times he really & truly wanted mama will always be precious to me (he's a daddy's boy big time). With my daughter, she's only 6 months old so she's learning new stuff all the time, but I will always remember the one morning we spent all morning wrapped in a blanket together in DH's recliner watching TV. She was maybe 2 months old, and it was one of the sweetest days.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've only had him for 10 months, and it's already SO hard to choose. It's close between the first time he giggled (I couldn't believe his very first laugh was at me!) and the first time he said Mama the day before Mother's Day. My eyes started watering and I couldn't have been prouder if he had won the Nobel Peace Prize, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• oh wow,,,my dd is almost 18 and ds is 16, I have too many to count at this point, way toooooo many wonderful, exciting, silly, crazy, scary, proud mommy memories in my heart at this point. They are a part of my heart at this point.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My husband and I took our son to the Columbus Zoo and see Toy Story 3 in 3D IMAX theater this summer. It was an awesome weekend!!!!! The look on his face when he seen a Rhino for the first time in person...priceless.

Also, his first day of preschool. He ran off and said, "goodbye Mommy." I thought he would be more upset but he was too excited to play with other kids.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2010